Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mr. Gatsby is like Eric Cartman... A manipulator!

Well so far in this book there have been many characters. The two that stick out are the two main characters Nick and Jay(mr. Gatsby). I think that the realationship between Nick and Jay is fake. I think of mr. Gatsby as a spoiled person who had everything and everyone he wanted growing up. And that perhaps he looks at Daisy as "the one who got away". So I think that Jay views his new "friend" as an opportunity to get Daisy back into his life. Jay so far has seemed like the kind of person who cares alt about other peoples view on him. Nick at first cared about how people looked at him but now later in the book I think he cares even more so that's why he is hooking up Jay with Daisy. All in all I think that by the end of this book Nick is ganna be used much more.

3 comments:

  1. now this i agree with...he has been using Nick the whole time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. It seems like Gatsby's idea of a friend is person doing something he wants them to do for him. It seem like he wants to manipulate the people he is associated with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jay using Nick at first but I don't believe Jay had everything he wanted growing up. I recall that he was a bootlegger which is where he acquired his wealth which was much after his period of "growing up". Also in the last sentence gonna is spelled wrong.

    ReplyDelete